Download PDF copy
Accomplished industrial designer with a proven track record of generating innovative concepts and developing those concepts into fully realized products and experiences. Skills include creative problem-solving, clear visual communication, engaging storytelling, 3D modeling across multiple platforms, practical manufacturing knowledge, and an understanding of what makes successful, engaging products. Experience working on national-scale projects with leaders at Fortune 500 companies.
EvanLRyan Design Principal/Industrial Designer April 2012 – Present
- Helped clients drive business by developing innovative concepts, products, and experiences though collaboration, research, and creative thinking.
- Services provided range from brainstorming, concept development, and research to 3D modeling, styling, packaging, presentations, and storytelling.
- Projects range from blue-sky, years-out concept generation to the execution of focused products ready for store shelves.
- Worked with client vendors in manufacturing, printing, sales, and advertising to ensure desired results.
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively alongside other designers, thinkers, strategists, innovators, engineers and makers.
- Clients Include: ECCO ID, Trend House, Quirky, ONA Bags, Benebone, Peter Wachter Design
Pactiv Corporation Industrial Designer May 2009 - April 2012
- Designed innovative products in the quick-serve restaurant sector, including hot cup lids for Starbucks, hinged bowls for Pizza Hut’s Wingstreet brand, and Fountain Cups for McDonald’s.
- Received the “Step Change for Breakthrough” award from Pizza Hut for redefining their Wingstreet brand through product design.
- Responsible for the final 3D Pro/Engineer geometry used for the production of thermoformed and injection-molded packaging products.
- Built and maintained client relationships with leaders at Fortune 500 companies including Yum! Brands, Starbucks, and Kraft Foods.
Project H Design Chicago (501c3 nonprofit) November 2008 – December 2011
- Worked with other Chicago-based nonprofits to design systems to benefit the homeless youth community.
- Led brainstorming sessions and research initiatives to develop a short list of concepts to help Chicago’s homeless youth more easily obtain vital services.
TT Technologies Inc. Design Engineer January 2008 – May 2009
- Aided in the design and construction of trenchless digging equipment, collaborating with full production staff to insure a high-quality product.
- Developed detailed SolidWorks models and drawings used for production on projects, including the 4X Drill and the Grundowinch ZoomBoom.
Juno Lighting Group Industrial Design Intern May 2007 – September 2007
- Developed a line of lighting fixtures for an emerging market segment.
- Planned and rendered new product showrooms and large display areas.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign May 2007
BFA in Industrial Design GPA 3.2/4.0
Pro/Engineer, Creo, SolidWorks, KeyShot, Photoview 360, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchbook Pro, Wacom tools
Sketching, Marker Rendering, Model Making, Physical Prototyping, Rapid Prototyping, Photography